From: Christian Hopps <cho...@chopps.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2022 2:29 PM
To: Les Ginsberg (ginsberg) <ginsb...@cisco.com>
Cc: bruno.decra...@orange.com; Christian Hopps <cho...@chopps.org>;
Peter Psenak (ppsenak) <ppse...@cisco.com>; Tony Li <tony...@tony.li>;
Robert Raszuk <rob...@raszuk.net>; Henk Smit <henk.i...@xs4all.nl>;
lsr@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Lsr] New Version Notification for draft-pkaneria-lsr-multi-tlv-
01.txt

[as wg-member]

Hi Les,

I want to highlight a particular thing your saying below b/c I'm worried I don't
understand it.

> That does not mean, however, that we need to alter the encoding of
> existing TLVs to support MP.

I could be mistaken here, but I don't think altering the TLVs is a solution that
is on the table, or that anyone is supporting that idea. Is there a particular
proposal you're worried about?

AFAICT what *has* been discussed is using a capability bit to somehow
manage the unfortunate situation created by vendor[s] shipping software
that does things which are incompatible with the deployed software that
follows published standards.

Thanks,
Chris.