On Friday 22 March 2002 13:00, you wrote:
> Could it be that the 3c509B-TPO , not having a socket, doesn't
> recognize instructions of boot ROM included in the boot floppy

Negative !  The Etherboot code on a rom-o-matic floppy
completely replaces the functionality of a boot Rom on a Nic
regardless of the card having a socket or not.

It seems to me that your problem is related to the setup of the
IO-address and the IRQ of your 3c509B-TPO.  If two peripherals
are using the same address and/or the same IRQ then one of them
is bound not to be recognized.

Either check the jumpers and eventually change them or, if the
card is jumperless then use the setup utility that came with it.
On a stripped 486 terminal IO=300H and IRQ=10 could be the right
ones.

Success,
Wouter DeBacker