Jim et al:
   Thanks Jim, I had tried that but my problem was missing modules. I had missed
copying them from the test system to the real system.

  All now works as advertised... and my face is red! :-)

Pete

Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> Peter,
>
> Have you tried leaving the client in Runlevel 3 and telnetting
> to port 9100 on it ?
>
> it should work exactly the same way, whether it is in RL 3 or 5.
>

> Jim McQuillan
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Peter Billson wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >   I'm trying to set up printing to a machine hung off lp0 of one of
> the clients. I set up the lts.conf to start the client's print daemon
> and if I start the client in run level 3 I can confirm with ps that the
> daemon is running and listening on port 9100.
> >
> >   My problem is I can't seem to send a print job to the client. I also
> get a 'connection refused' if I try to telnet into the client's port
> 9100 from the server.
> >
> >   BTW - I'm using CUPS if that matters.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Pete
> >

> --

http://www.elbnet.com
ELB Internet Service, Inc.
Web Design, Computer Consulting, Internet Hosting