Hello Michael,

> I posted this last week and not a single reply...DOH....!

It's like getting 120-150 messages a day and having to sort quickly,
ya know? And then having to install xdm (which is of no use for me
personally, as I prefer kdm - or gdm if kdm makes trouble)...

> I have been banging my head against this one all weekend and am no
> closer to a fix......grrrrrr....

At least the wall had a nice conversation with you.

> Any help?......anyone....anyone??....

OK, I do it. I installed xdm and had a look.
It runs out on something like
DisplayManager*authorize:       true
being set in /etc/xdm/xdm-config
You might try setting that one to "false"
Perhaps it helps... please report back.

> Hi,

> I have been running LTSP on a server with 7 clients for about 3 months
> with no problems.

> Today a client machine booted, contacted the server, did start_ws
> and.....The X screen comes up, then disappears, then comes up, then
> disappears...in an endless cycle. So, I now try another client...same
> thing...grrrrrr.

> The xdm log says:

> Xlib: connection to "mike.bowes.com:1.0" refused by server
> Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
> Xlib: connection to "mike.bowes.com:1.0" refused by server
> Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key

Best regards,
 Anselm Martin Hoffmeister
 Stockholm Projekt Computer-Service