On Sun, 19 May 2019 13:44:21 -0700, Mark F wrote:
>I like it. I just replied to someone (I top posted too! Maybe that
>will get Liam to join. wink).

IIRC as one drawback of forums Liam mentioned markup language. If you
want to post code, one forum requires

~~~
some code
~~~

and another

[code]
some code
[/code]

it's relatively easy to replace [code] by ~~~ and vice versa, but for
a link with text it's more annoying work, if you accidentally used the
wrong markup language, since by one language the link is behind and by
the other the link is before the text.

[the text](http://link.html)

[url=http://link.html]the text[/url]

What I hate very much are forums with (intended) broken email
notification and a system of rewards.

The only advantage of a forum seems to be, that it is impossible to post
on top.