Not to pull your chain. But... (I'm pulling your chain now...) how do you
see forums being impossible to top post? How would a forum prevent me from
doing what I'm doing in this reply to you?

I.e., if the mailing list bridge were active, wouldn't this email (a top
post) convert into a forum post exactly as it appears here? Couldn't I
create the same post via the forum, and it would convert into an email like
this?

The forum needs you guys! :)

Mark