On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 9:37 PM Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mard...@alice-dsl.net>
wrote:

> What I hate very much are forums with (intended) broken email
> notification and a system of rewards.

I think "likes" can help keep the noise down. Instead of one-liner
"thanks!" replies, or someone posting month later "I found your post and it
helped me," they can just "like" the post as a way of showing appreciation.

For example, I posted my touchpad enable/disable script. I was kind of
matter-of-fact about it. Walter replied asking the OP if they understood
it, needed more help. I realized I should have offered more
assistance/explanation. So, I liked Walter's post. If I didn't have the
"like" button, I would have had to reply with a one-liner (that all the
mailing-list recipients would have had to divert 3 seconds of their day to
process).

So, without knowing what you dislike about it, there are positives.

Mark