   From: howard posner <howardpos...@ca.rr.com>
   To: lute-cs.dartmouth.edu <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 9:22 AM
   Subject: [LUTE] Re: BWV 998
   On Oct 19, 2011, at 2:09 AM, William Samson wrote:
   >  I have heard that 'luth o cembal' was perhaps a keyboard instrument
   >  that sounded like a lute - I've even heard it suggested that it was
   >  harpsichord strung in gut, but I very much doubt the feasibility of
   >  such an instrument - It would be a nightmare to keep in tune, as we
   >  lutenists know only too well.  Sorry I don't have any sources for
   this
   >  information - just speculative hearsay I'm afraid.  Maybe somebody
   has
   >  some more concrete information?
   You can't get much more concrete than Youtube, Source of All Things.
   You can find Gergely Sarkozy's recordings of Bach on a lute harpsichord
   by going here and nosing around:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygFXZ-L7lHM&feature=related
   Kim Heindel's recording of BWV 998 starts here:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gcgFMXbVNc&feature=related
   and Robert Hill:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXezz_5J6MA&feature=results_main&playnex
   t=1&list=PLF158FD2CAE1868BC