I always wondered if "Prelude pour la Luth o Cembal" could simply mean that he composed a Prelude for the lute, instead of a "pars pro toto" meaning. Later he added two other movements for his (lute-)harpsichord. The first movement is clearly the best working piece.

Concerning BWV 995, there is an interesting article by Ingo Negwer in one of the German lute society journals where he suggests that the g minor key in tenor clef is just a transcribing tool for his composing autograph. The notes stay on the same line or space as in c minor in bass clef, a copyist could have transposed the music easily to a minor later. (I'm describing that from memory, I hope it's correct.)

Best regards

Stephan