On 19-Aug-99 Allan Rae wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Allan Rae wrote:
>>
>> There is a major problem with lyx handling of custom paper sizes when
>> exporting to postscript.  In fact, LyX exports to the default paper size!
>> If I run from the command line "dvips -o out.ps -T5.5in,8.5in out.dvi"
>> then the exported ps file uses statement paper:  provided you've setup
>> dvips' config.ps first otherwise you still get your default paper.

That's the problem because I didn't use this. Are you sure dvips does not
give an error if you specify this custom flag and there is no support for
it? But I think this should work better the it does now. I wasn't aware of
this flag when I made the paper-handling :)

> I've almost finished fixing the custom export stuff but I've found another
> even more serious bug.  If the user selects a custom pagesize (ie.
> specifies the page width and height) but then goes and selects the
> papersize Default then when we run latex we get big problems in
> Buffer::makeLaTeXFile.

What big problems? Is there an error? If you select Default I think this
is the LaTeX default paper-size and you shouldn't define ANY papersize!!!
And I think this is what happens.

> This happens because use_geometry is still set we don't add a papersize
> option to the \documentclass{...} entry.  However, we don't set a
> papersize for geometry either since it falls through the papersize switch.
> I'm adding a switch(lyxrc->default_papersize) to cover this.

I don't think we need this entry. The default is a explained above the
LaTeX default!

> So what we'll end up with is working export to custom paper, working
> export to ordinary paper and working export to ordinary or default paper
> with a custom paper size specified.  This last one is the tricky one. I've
> decided that if someone selects Layout->Paper->PaperSize{A4} then they
> will get A4 not the custom size.  This makes sense after all.

That's it! Custom sizes are only valid if you select "Custom" from the
Paper-Layout-Dialog explicitely and IMO this should stay like this.

Greets Jürgen

Dr. Jürgen Vigna                      E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gerbergasse 60                        Tel:    +39-0471-450260
I-39100 Bozen                         Fax:    +39-0471-970042
ITALY                                 Web:    http://www.sad.it/~jug

A man does not look behind the door unless he has stood there himself.
                -- Du Bois