On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Juergen Vigna wrote:

> On 19-Aug-99 Allan Rae wrote:
> >
> > Uh oh.
> >
> > I actually did my testing using IEEEtran.cls not the article.cls as
> > mention above.   It would seem that IEEEtran.cls is broken because as
> > Juergen's just arrived email says article works.  I've just tested book
> > and report and am moving on to a few other classes to see just how broken
> > other things are.
>
> #:O)

I've managed to test almost all the classes that I have that LyX supports
and they all work except IEEEtran.  I think I know why IEEEtran breaks.
It doesn't actually specify any page sizes since its meant for a
non-standard page used in the IEEE transactions.  A user of this class
shouldn't be specifying a page size for their final run to produce a ps
file but I suppose they might be using geometry to set wider margins or
something for early drafts.

> > The LaTeX default should be the same as the lyxrc entry for
> > default_papersize anyway.  So this shouldn't cause any problems... should
> > it?
>
> No I think this shouldn't cause any problem, contrary I just had a
> rethought (is this english ;), as with this flag in lyxrc a sysadmin
> can force a default papersize without having to haggle with LaTeX #:O)

Yes,  could be a good reason for keeping it as is.

Allan. (ARRae)