On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Allan Rae wrote:
> > > This happens because use_geometry is still set we don't add a papersize
> > > option to the \documentclass{...} entry.  However, we don't set a
> > > papersize for geometry either since it falls through the papersize switch.
> > > I'm adding a switch(lyxrc->default_papersize) to cover this.
> >
> > I don't think we need this entry. The default is a explained above the
> > LaTeX default!
>
> NO!!! If you have:
>
> \documentclass[]{article}
> \usepackage{geometry}
> \geometry{verbose}
>
> in your latex file then geometry takes over and says the page size is 0pt
> wide and 0pt high.  Then latex spends a day and half filling your .log
> file with warnings that everything is overfull!
>
> The only way to use the LaTeX default is to not use geometry.sty -- but
> the user has got settings that require geometry.sty so run into this
> problem.

Uh oh.

I actually did my testing using IEEEtran.cls not the article.cls as
mention above.   It would seem that IEEEtran.cls is broken because as
Juergen's just arrived email says article works.  I've just tested book
and report and am moving on to a few other classes to see just how broken
other things are.

The LaTeX default should be the same as the lyxrc entry for
default_papersize anyway.  So this shouldn't cause any problems... should
it?

Allan. (ARRae)