I noticed two additional bugs in the style preface (for svmono):

1) The style Preface has been assigned to the category "For Authors". This could be appropriate for the class svmult but not for svmono. I propose to use the category "FrontMatter" 2) Preface has an optional argument just as Foreword. But this is not supported in LyX

I still don't get the sense of this optional argument. Can you please make a proposal for the note?
Proposal:
The style "Foreword" has an optional argument that overrides the default text ("Foreword" in English, "Geleitwort" in German etc.). For instance, a book in a series may contain a foreword by the authors and an addition foreword by the editor of the book series. In this case, the author could use the style "Foreword" without optional argument and the editor could use the style "Foreword" with the the optional argument "Foreword by the Editor". The style "Preface" also supports an optional argument that overrides the default text. For instance, the 2nd edition of a book could contain a preface and still retain the preface to the first edition. For the latter, one would use the style "Preface" with the optional argument "Preface to the First Edition".
The problem is that Springer redefines a lot in their cls-files. As consequence Title* fails when hyperref is used. I disabled it in the file and it works now.
Should there be a note that warns the reader? I would imagine that most authors would turn on hyperref to make their pdfs more versatile.

Regards, Marcus