On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 2:22 PM, Georg Baum
<georg.b...@post.rwth-aachen.de>wrote:

> stefano franchi wrote:
>
> > Anyway: I am willing to "mentor" a student through the process of
> > producing a LyX-to-Word semantic-only exporter. Scare quotes are
> > necessary, because I would have to learn as much as the student. If Rob
> > can provide some guidance and expert advice (both as a previous mentor
> and
> > obviously as an expert in the area) I think we may have something working
> > by the end of the summer. What I know is that *I* will absolutely a solid
> > word-exporter by that time.
>
> I don't have the time to be an official mentor, but I could help with
> technical advice as well. I also have some personal motivation, since my
> wife faces similar problems when exchanging documents with coworkers. And
> if
> nobody works on this for GSOC we may also be able to hack a quick and dirty
> version together that just works for you so that you don't need to go
> through pdf again. This is BTW exactly the way how I got involved with
> tex2lyx.

Thanks Georg. I will definitely need all the help I can get. And I fully
agree with your last point. In fact, disgusted by my lyx--pdf--doc
experience, I started reading on docx and odt formats and was trying to
come up with a strategy. I am gald we are having this discussion!

Cheers,

S.

Stefano Franchi
Associate Research Professor
Department of Hispanic Studies         Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-6421
College Station, Texas, USA

stef...@tamu.edu
http://stefano.cleinias.org