Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 12/10/2015 12:38, Liviu Andronic a écrit :
So as far as Trusty users are concerned (likely a big chunk of the
Ubuntu user base), if 2.2.0 depends on Qt 5.6 they will be locked into
Qt 4.8 for the entire 2.2.x series.

I don't know if the benefits of depending on Qt 5.6 outweigh such
concerns. Maybe if we relied on ifdefs to support in parallel Qt 5.2
and 5.6, but I hear this can cause maintenance nightmares...

The question is not about requiring qt 5.6 as I understand it. But the fact
is that it is required for proper HiDPI support and will be used at least
for the mac binaries.

As far as linux is concerned, we require Qt 4.5, which should be good
enough :)

JMarc

In that case it's a good opportunity to test Qt 5.6 with the next alpha release.

More and more people have high-res displays so I think being proactive with picking up a new library that supports them is the right way to go.

Once high-res displays are properly supported and the (Qt) bugs worked out, we can again slow down our adaptation of Qt 5.x (and stick with 5.6 or 5.7, depending on what works best in the near future).

--
Regards,
Cyrille Artho - http://artho.com/