Scott Kostyshak wrote:

> I was wrong---Qt 5.6 beta has now been delayed to 12 November. You can
> read the short discussion regarding the delay here:
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.qt.releasing/1826
> We have a few options as to what we should do about LyX 2.2.0 alpha:
>
> 1. Wait a couple weeks for Qt 5.6 beta to release alpha.
>
> 2. Release alpha sooner with the Qt 5.6 snapshot. There is "Not full set
> of installers but at least one for each platform" [1]:
> http://download.qt.io/snapshots/qt/5.6/5.6.0-beta/
> The beta blockers are here:
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-47958
>
> 3. Release alpha sooner with Qt 5.5.1 (just released two weeks ago).

Since LyX is not tied to a qt version in general, I assume you mean the
windows installer. I agree with Pavel here, I would not wait any longer and
release the alpha now (and releasing means to publish source tarballs). If
the windows installer comes later this is no problem IMHO (also for beta,
and if people complain we can explain why and ask them to help or shup up).

Georg