Op 20 okt. 2015 02:32 schreef "Uwe Stöhr" <uwesto...@lyx.org>:

> Am 15.10.2015 um 01:18 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
>
>> Uwe can you confirm that shipping our alpha with Qt 5.6 beta is
>> feasible for you?
>

> Hi Scott,
>
> I am open for anything. I think that i will need in any case some help
from Vincent - in the past some Win-only changes were required to be able
to compile with new Qt versions.

> Besides this I am still using MSVC 2010. I need to update to MSVC 2012 or
newer and this is another challenge. I already tested MSVC 2012 with Qt 5.5
with success. Let's see what Qt 5.6 supports and if I can then still
compile LyX 2.1.x with Qt 4.x and MSVC 2010 on the same PC.

> regards Uwe

Why do you need to update to MSVC 2012 ? Qt 5.5 was still released with
2010 libraries. Given the fact that some of our dependencies are also built
with 2010, it looks safest not to switch versions right now.

Vincent