Am 20.10.2015 um 23:21 schrieb Vincent van Ravesteijn:

Why do you need to update to MSVC 2012 ? Qt 5.5 was still released with
2010 libraries. Given the fact that some of our dependencies are also built
with 2010, it looks safest not to switch versions right now.

Hi Vincent,

I wanted to try out if MSVC 2010 and 2012 can be used side by side and this works apparently.

As suggested by Georg I will update to MSVC 2015 when Qt 5.6 comes out. I have another PC here that I can use to compile LyX 2.1.x with Qt 4 and MSVC 2010 in case the update breaks compilability on my system.

regards Uwe