> be able to get rid of the reLyXmt{} in syntax.defaults. (Actually, you
> shouldn't get rid of it, since people might want to put their own personal
> commands in there that aren't supported by Mathed.

If people wants support for something that is not yet in mathed they should
tell me (in simple words ...) and I'll try to get it in there. "Native"
support is inherently better than reLyX support, since reLyX is usually run
only once and changes for proper visual feedback on screen are slim...

Andre'

> There are actually several *classes* of reLyX problems:
>
> - new LyX features, as above
> - things not supported by reLyX guts: Text::TeX (which is very very old and
>   I changed only a bit from the v0.01 I got from CPAN) doesn't support
>   anything very complicated in [], for example, which means you can lose
>   stuff.

PS:

> - LaTeX things LyX can't do: my favorite example is \section[foo]{bar},
>   which is supposedly going to be supported someday.

Even the old mathed read \sqrt[3]{x} so I guess it is possible...

--