Angus wrote:

Hi, Stephen.

This problem with the path_prefix stuff should now be fixed. Perhaps you'd
like to test it out?

http://wiki.lyx.org/uploads/Windows/LyX137/lyx-1.3.7_win32_setup_v4.exe
http://wiki.lyx.org/uploads/Windows/LyX140pre/lyx-1.4.0pre_win32_setup_v2.exe

I'm still mulling over what to do with aspell. If we go for aspell 0.6 then
it looks like I'll have to supply the dictionaries too. Would make Kevin
Atkinson happy :)

I think that might be 137_v3. Both of these files installed splendidly.
No more sh configure; I hope no improvements needed to be sacrificed.

The dictionary doesn't seem too hard to compile. But I am less sure
about the .60.4 aspell executable. I was unable to confirm that the
aspell.60.4.exe is compatible with the format of earlier dictionaries
so that it is only a matter of changing location of the dict directory.
I got the .60.4 aspell.exe (about 10mb) to use a new .6.0 dictionary
to check some misspelled words from the command line but not the aspell.53.exe(6mb) to use the same dictionary to check the test.txt.
So I'm not sure about concurrent LyX137 and LyX140 spellchecking
without alternating or changing the name of the folder called C:\Aspell

Let us hope that this is due to my ineptitude,
Stephen