>>Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 11:53:06 -0700
>>From: TechTonics <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: Miki Dovrat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>CC: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
>>Subject: Re: HTML export
>>
>>Miki Dovrat wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Do the features view/export HTML work in lyx 1.4.2?
>>>
>>> They don't work on my lyx 1.4.2 Windows XP with MikTex 2.5 even though
>>> htlatex is installed and works via command line.
>>>
>>> In html view, I get an error saying lyx can't find the file
>>> c:\tmp\lyxtmpdir..\lyx_tmpbuf0\myfile.html

Same message on lyx-1.4.2 Solaris, but the file seems to be moved in
the directory of the document, where I find also all the ancillary files
created by htlatex, e.g for file /tmp/fr_exemple_lyxifie.lyx
-> ls /tmp/fr_exemple_lyxifie*
/tmp/fr_exemple_lyxifie.4ct
/tmp/fr_exemple_lyxifie.4tc

In addition, if fr_example_lyxifie.html does exist already, there is no
overwrite warning,
as export is called by View and not Export.

I guessed the originaldir extra flag in Preferences->Converter->Latex(plain) to
HTML could
had something to do with this behavior: it is added for htlatex to deal
correctly
with eps files (fr_exemple_lyxifie has none). If I suppress it,
the html file is opened by the viewer, but is still created in document dir
(without overwrite warning either).

IMHO, View->HTML should view in temp file to leave all these ancillary files
out of the way,
which is the case when I leave the extra flags field empty by removing needaux.

I understand from lyxrc.example that in this case export will fail if there are
graphic files:
is this still the case ? It seems to work all right on a simple example here.

So the question is: are these flags still needed ? Is there someting wrong with
them anyway ?

--
Jean-Pierre