Am 04.01.2012 um 18:05 schrieb James Sutherland:

> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Murat Yildizoglu <myi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Strange indeed,
> On my MBP(*), there is no visible lag. Using my touchpad's scroll down (two
> finger gesture), I can go from start of the Guide de l'utilisateur to its end
> in 14 seconds. Lyx 2.0.2, standard binary downloaded from Lyx.org
> (LyX-2.0.2+qt4-cocoa.dmg).
>
> Maybe I have not correctly understood your test?
>
> (*) 15" screen, 8GB RAM, 2.4GHz Core i7, OSX 10.7.2.
>

> 1. Open a document (e.g. the User Manual).
> 2. Either scroll with trackpad or scroll with the scroll bar on the right
> side of the window.
>
> There is a significant lag when scrolling. If you scroll back and forth, the
> screen does not follow well at all.  Again, I only observe this on OSX 10.7.2
> - not on 10.6.8.
>
> 2.3 GHz i7 with 8 GB RAM.

I've prepared a LyX-package with Qt-4.8.0 and the upload is here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27842660/LyX-2.1.0svn%2Bqt4.8.0-cocoa.dmg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27842660/LyX-2.1.0svn%2Bqt4.8.0-cocoa.dmg.sig

The Qt 4.8.0 ChangeLog contains this:

Qt for Mac OS X
 - Alien widgets is now used by default for Qt/Cocoa on Mac OS X.
 - Qt/Cocoa on Mac OS X has now full support for the raster paint engine.
 - QApplication has now implemented macEventFilter for Qt/Cocoa
 - HarfBuzz can now be used as an optional text layout engine on Mac OS X.
[QTBUG-17728]
 - Qt shows some love to OS X Lion (10.7).

Perhaps this is an improvement on Lion? Please, can someone give it a try?

Stephan