On Jan 4, 2012, at 3:03 PM, Stephan Witt wrote:

> I've prepared a LyX-package with Qt-4.8.0 and the upload is here:
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27842660/LyX-2.1.0svn%2Bqt4.8.0-cocoa.dmg
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27842660/LyX-2.1.0svn%2Bqt4.8.0-cocoa.dmg.sig
>
> The Qt 4.8.0 ChangeLog contains this:
>
> Qt for Mac OS X
> ---------------
> - Alien widgets is now used by default for Qt/Cocoa on Mac OS X.
> - Qt/Cocoa on Mac OS X has now full support for the raster paint engine.
> - QApplication has now implemented macEventFilter for Qt/Cocoa
> - HarfBuzz can now be used as an optional text layout engine on Mac OS X.
> [QTBUG-17728]
> - Qt shows some love to OS X Lion (10.7).
>
> Perhaps this is an improvement on Lion? Please, can someone give it a try?
>
> Stephan

10.6.8, 2.1svn
Scrolling User's Guide takes 13 seconds.
No misplaced cursor.

This scroll rate is between what I measured for 2.0.0 and 2.0.2 using the
special preference file line.

Subjectively, for me, the somewhat slower difference for 2.1svn puts the
experience back into "painful" regime, but it is still better than 2.0.2
without the special preference file line.

Jerry