Ok, this was exactly what I have done on my system (10.7.2, see my previous
mail for full configuration).

If I use the scroll bars on the left, I can go to the end of the User guide
*immediately* (2 seconds, since I have some difficulty to click on the
iPhone's chronometer with the left hand, and start to scroll in Lyx with
the right hand).
I do not see any lag at all.

--
Prof. Murat Yildizoglu