On Jan 4, 2012, at 10:14 AM, Murat Yildizoglu wrote:

> Ok, this was exactly what I have done on my system (10.7.2, see my previous
> mail for full configuration).
>
> If I use the scroll bars on the left, I can go to the end of the User guide
> immediately (2 seconds, since I have some difficulty to click on the iPhone's
> chronometer with the left hand, and start to scroll in Lyx with the right
> hand).
> I do not see any lag at all.

But you don't see _many_ skipped screenfuls, right? In order to get from top to
bottom of the UG so fast and _appear_ to be scrolling fast, it skips _many_
screenfuls. This is because text rendering is so slow (or not buffered) that it
skips many screenfuls and gives the appearance that it has scrolled rapidly.
Try scrolling on any native program such as TextEdit or Preview and you will
see vastly more useful scrolling.

Jerry