On 08/13/2012 12:23 PM, Jane Shevtsov wrote:
On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 6:30 AM, Richard Heck <rgh...@lyx.org> wrote:
On 08/12/2012 10:29 PM, Jane Shevtsov wrote:
On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Richard Heck <rgh...@lyx.org> wrote:
Find the enumitem.module file, and put
      OptionalArgs 1
into the appropriate place. You can find it by just looking through the
file.
I did that, but it doesn't help. I still can't use Insert Short Title,
despite restarting Lyx.

Is there more than one version of this file on your system? I.e., one in the
LyX system directory and one in your user directory?
There only seems to be one. And I know Lyx is using the file I edited
because when I renamed it as an experiment and tried to include
enumitem in a document, I got an error message.

The attached works for me.

Richard

#\DeclareLyXModule[enumitem.sty]{enumitem}
#DescriptionBegin
# Controls the layout of enumerate, itemize, description, and list/labeling.
# See section Customized Lists of the User's Guide for a detailed description.
#DescriptionEnd
# Author: Günter Milde <mi...@users.berlios.de>
#
# 2008-12-04 first published version.
# 2009-02-02 use name Labeling for "LyX-List/Labeling" list type,
#            copy standard layout verbatim for failsave working with
#            both KOMA and non-KOMA document classes.
# 2011-01-12 bugfix: set elabeling label font to \normalfont.

Format 35

# The package enumitem provides user control over the layout of the three
# basic list environments: enumerate, itemize and description. It supersedes
# both enumerate and mdwlist (providing well-structured replacements for all
# their funtionality), and in addition provides functions to compute the
# layout of labels, and to ‘clone’ the standard environments, to create new
# environments with counters of their own.
#
# - fancy labels and fancy refs,
# - leftmargin, labelsep and labelwidth automatically set,
# - changes applied globally or only in one of the three
#   types or even in a single list (including topsep),
# - several description styles (which fix some bad spacing, too),
# - starting value and counter resuming,
# - trivlists properly formatted,
# - control on page breaking
#
# Styling the basic lists is possible
#
# a) generally in the LaTeX preamble and
# b) per environment with optional arguments
#
# See enumitem.pdf_ for details and examples.
#
# TODO: since version 2.0, enumitem supports "cloning" of lists.
#       Producing a labeling as clone of a description allows
#       Preamble-Styling specific to this list type.

AddToPreamble
        \usepackage{enumitem}           % customizable list environments
        \newlength{\lyxlabelwidth}      % auxiliary length
EndPreamble

# Customisable Basic Lists
# ------------------------

# With enumitem, the three standard list environments take an optional
# argument. See enumitem.pdf_ for possible values.

IfStyle Itemize
        OptionalArgs          1
End

IfStyle Enumerate
        OptionalArgs          1
End

IfStyle Description
        OptionalArgs          1
End

# Customisable LyX List
# ---------------------

Input stdlyxlist.inc

Style Labeling
        LatexName             elabeling
        OptionalArgs          1
        # FIXME This should probably be defined using \newlist instead
        Preamble
        % labeling-like list based on enumitem's description list with
        % mandatory second argument (label-pattern):
                \newenvironment{elabeling}[2][]%
                {\settowidth{\lyxlabelwidth}{#2}
                        \begin{description}[font=\normalfont,style=sameline,
                                leftmargin=\lyxlabelwidth,#1]}
                {\end{description}}
        EndPreamble
End

# List Variants
# -------------
#
# Styles with pre-defined optional arguments for ease of use

Style Enumerate-Resume
        CopyStyle             Enumerate
        LatexParam            [resume]
        OptionalArgs          0
        # a blue label to indicate that this is not a WYSIWYG label
        # because the numbering differs in the output
        LabelFont
          Color blue
        EndFont
End