On 08/14/2012 02:22 AM, Jane Shevtsov wrote:
On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 3:21 PM, Richard Heck <rgh...@lyx.org> wrote:
On 08/13/2012 06:11 PM, Jane Shevtsov wrote:
Just to make sure I'm not doing anything stupid: the instructions say to
put the cursor after the blue number in the enumerate-resume environment and
choose Insert > Short Title. There's actually a gap between the number and
the cursor, right?

So you are trying to add a "short title" in the enumerate-resume
environment? In that case, the patch Guenter had posted doesn't address this
issue, but rather something to do with Labeling.

If you look at enumitem.module, you'll see that it explicitly sets
OptionalArgs to 0 for the Enumerate-Resume environment. This is because we
are in effect forcing the short title to be "resume", which we have to do to
get the numbering to resume. There's no way at present to add anything else
to the short title.

Where are these instructions you mentioned?
The instructions I refer to are the ones at
<http://wiki.lyx.org/Tips/Enumitem>. The relevant part is:

"Start your list, break it to insert some text, then start the list
again. This will restart the numbering a 1. Place the cursor after the
1., Select Insert>Short Title and put start=x in the red box, where x
is the number you wish to restart the list at. Instead of start=x you
can just type resume and it will resume the numbering."

This is all out of date. You can just choose Enumerate-Resume, and this happens automatically now. You don't need to add anything else.

I've updated the wiki.

Richard