On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 12:05  AM, Rich & Michaela wrote:

Sorry for the rant. I don't mean to open up these old threads (wounds),
but I still don't see Jaguar's silver lining. So for now, I'm staying put
at 10.1.5 and hoping that by the time I'm able to buy a new machine (~12
months), that Apple will have gotten things right.
FWIW, I upgraded to Jaguar a few months ago and have not encountered any bugs that weren't already present, despite the fact that I do see a lot of Jaguar bugs talked about on the various OS X mailing lists. In fact, a lot of little issues went away. I'm cautious about upgrading to point releases (currently still at 10.2.2), usually waiting at least a week to see what kinds of problems could happen, but so far I guess I've been lucky with my 500mhz iBook.

I'm not trying to invalidate the claims of the afflicted, I merely want to mention that there's probably at least as many people who aren't having problems (and for whom Jaguar offers worthwhile niceties that aren't available in 10.1.x, though this is of course subjective). Hopefully you don't encounter any either when you do upgrade.

Erik

--
Erik Price

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]