At 1:49 PM -0800 1/7/03, Daniel Stillwaggon wrote:
Same here, had to recompile lynx (btw, the fink lynx didn't work for me, I had to download source) and MySQL, but everything else went smoothly.
Right, I forgot that one. MySQL server ran fine, but the client had to be recompiled.

In fairness that's not really Apple's fault. They moved forward a major rev of g++, and there were major incompatible changes made in the compiler. I don't know the details, but I gather the performance tradeoff had made it worth while for everyone to bite the bullet, but shared C++ libraries suffered the compatibility issue.
--

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere.Com, LLC
http://consulting.somewhere.com/

everyone else's.