Hi, Carlene.

You are a perfect example of my point.  Generally put, they did not
teach you to fish, they gave you some fish.  Hell, I'm writing this on
the Macbook DOR of California bought me; listening with the hearing
aids they bought me...  Maybe I'm a hypocrite, but I'm forced to use
the funding options available to me because that's how the world
works; I get that.  It's not a solution to the problem, though, it's
just putting off the problem and burying the head in the sand, or
whatever I mean.... :)  I suck at idioms.

Let's suppose that the recession comes back in force.  Banks fail, no
one's got money, inflation hits the roof.  The first thing on the
chopping block will be that agency in Oregon, or CA, where we got our
equipment.  Now, the equipment's broken, or obsolete, or we need
something new.  What do we do?  We still can't afford it, now there's
no umbrella to hide under, survival is getting grim; who's going to
baby-sit the blind when everyone's just trying to get by?  The
agencies are not at all the best solution, and may in the long run do
more harm than good.   That's all I meant; I meant no judgment of
those who use the systems to get what they need--I'm one of them.  I
just don't feel very good about it at the end of the day...h

Mark BurningHawk Baxter

Skype and Twitter:  BurningHawk1969
MSN:  burninghawk1...@hotmail.com
My home page: