Again, vo is great. Everyone is making reasons why it is good, which wasn't the
point in what I said. All I'm saying is the fact that the mac would work from
the store I bought it on doesn't mean much as I didn't even buy it from a
store. Yes, it is great. I love the built-in screen reader support, but it
seems we go over how amazing it is at least once or twice a week when someone
else is converted. I love it's stability and security over windows. But the
fact that I have to install a program really doesn't irc me all to much. It is
a bit hard, but with things like NVDA I can walk up to a windows system and pop
in a USB key and be read to roll. Sure it doesn't support everything, but it
supports quite a bit to make it worth using. I do tech support and computer
repair around the town I live in, and I've used this solution coupled with
narrator many times to get me up and running on a system I'm fixing. Along with
a set of programs I built for troubleshooting and cleaning up viruses and such,
NVDA is amazing. Sadly though more and more people are buying macs, it's not a
huge chunk of the market to the point where I can just walk to any computer and
more than likely it'll be a mac. While there are macs out there, the whole "I
can go anywhere and use it," doesn't exactly work, because there really aren't
to many floating around. I believe that in order to be productive, we need to
be able to use *any* computer, whether it be windows or mac, and even a linux
system, though a portable linux reader doesn't currently exist to my knowledge.