From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionar...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Tyler Littlefield
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 5:50 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: We better keep this going!

Again, vo is great. Everyone is making reasons why it is good, which wasn't
the point in what I said. All I'm saying is the fact that the mac would work
from the store I bought it on doesn't mean much as I didn't even buy it from
a store. Yes, it is great. I love the built-in screen reader support, but it
seems we go over how amazing it is at least once or twice a week when
someone else is converted. I love it's stability and security over windows.
But the fact that I have to install a program really doesn't irc me all to
much. It is a bit hard, but with things like NVDA I can walk up to a windows
system and pop in a USB key and be read to roll. Sure it doesn't support
everything, but it supports quite a bit to make it worth using. I do tech
support and computer repair around the town I live in, and I've used this
solution coupled with narrator many times to get me up and running on a
system I'm fixing. Along with a set of programs I built for troubleshooting
and cleaning up viruses and such, NVDA is amazing. Sadly though more and
more people are buying macs, it's not a huge chunk of the market to the
point where I can just walk to any computer and more than likely it'll be a
mac. While there are macs out there, the whole "I can go anywhere and use
it," doesn't exactly work, because there really aren't to many floating
around. I believe that in order to be productive, we need to be able to use
*any* computer, whether it be windows or mac, and even a linux system,
though a portable linux reader doesn't currently exist to my knowledge.