I agree that it is in large part perception and what one is telling
themselves. It is easy if one is not careful to overstate the problems
as to how they shape the entire picture and to overstate how great
things were in the past (grass is always greener). It is easy to take
the problems and create an entire gloom and doom and paint a picture
for yourself of where it is going and to tell yourself how perfect it
was in the past. I think Apple has more issues than they should, but I
don't really think they have mor issue than they did a few years ago.
As is pointed out in the message below, IOS 3.x versions were far from
perfect. Were they truly over all such a better over all situation, I
don't think so honestly. It is easy to combine the above with what the
press is trying to jam down your throat about Apple. There is such a
large contingency of them that want Apple dead! I think it is in part
because Google gives them what they want and Apple doesn't in terms of
data they want about people as well as advertising dollars being a
huge part of the picture where they are not in that kind of
relationship with Apple. The news media blows up every Apple issue to
the point of distortion and almost never mention an issue about any
other platform. They fill their articles with statements about how
Apple has lost their glory, Apple is no longer relavent and how Nobody
uses Apple products any more. Then some how completely out of line
with their story, Apple sells millions of Iphones every quarter still.