Hi,

Not exactly sure yet, but at least in maemo-af-desktop (aka Hildon
Desktop) the changes aren't
towards more demanding for the HW, in fact, there have been lots of
optimization
work.

> or it can work with
>OS2007 software at the OS2006 speed? Since N800 has better
>hardware spec, it might be possible that OS2007 will work on
>770 ultimately, but not as smooth as how OS2006 does on 770.

I could suspect that the most demanding softwares are those which
are closed and not part of the hacker edition anyhow.
Quite a bit of our development work was done
with the old HW and Sardine anyway (e.g. jobi has used Sardine).
Of course things will run a bit faster
on the N800 HW because it is simply faster and there is more RAM
available,
but at least Hildon Desktop changes aren't the nature that it would make
the OS2006 faster than the new "hacker edition". I can tell more about
it later (maybe on my blog) once I upgrade my 770 with the
"hacker-edition". I am currently
runing the plain OS2006 on my 770 since I use most of the time the
new N800 since it just looks & feels so much cooler than the 770 (IMHO)
- (combination
of the new industrial design and new theme and such little neat
details)).

Best Regards,
Karoliina
http://www.karoliinasalminen.com/blog