Hello!

>> * How can I better promote my application in this case? Can I make a
>> garage project page for my application? Would this make sense?
>
> We need to help developers promoting their applications in any case,
[...]
> news or blog about it... Having a project in Garage helps, yes.

Hmm, as asked before: In my case (and possibly others) I also have a
sourceforge project page. So while I can make a separate garage projects
for each of my projects it is likely that I would not use much of the
infrastructure. Especially I would not use the subversion repository,
since all my code is already placed at sourceforge. And I likely would
link to my sourceforge homepage for more information and else would
duplicate information from the sf homepage. However it still looks like
I would profit from this so: if this is OK for you, it is OK for me ;-)
It would be nice if external hosting sites would be integrated/supported
better, but I would need to play a little bit more with garage to make
concrete suggestions.

>> The Application Catalog still seems to be horribly broken.

> I wouldn't be so tough bu in any case let's evaluate

OK. That was to drastic, but in fact I plan to build initial version of
my packages for OS2008 within the next two weeks (just need some final
finishing touch for one package) and of course I will update the
information in the Application Catalog. However it seems that anybody
that looks for already existing applications for his 810 currently will
not find them (if this package is also available for OS 2007 or 2006).
That is at least more than "not nice" ;-)

> http://downloads.maemo.org once we have implemented the round of
> improvements to be released one of these days. See
> https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=948&group_id=106&atid=460

Sounds good :-)

--
Gruß...