Hello!

>       * Contributors apply themselves through their maemo profiles. No
>         invitation is needed. Please don't send us extra emails, they
>         won't help you.

Some questions:
* When will my profile (and the related links) be evaluated? A Short
time before the release or a short time after applying? I'm asking
because: Is it wise to apply now or better shortly before the deadline?
It sounds like the profile will improve over time. And of course I will
try to promote my skills using the linked pages. So applying later may
be better!? (I would suggest a "make your self attractive" deadline ;-)
Please understand: I don't want to ceat but I want to make sure there is
the information you are looking for.
* Is the sourceforge link in the profile meant to be a link to my
personal source "users" page or to a sf web page for my project(s)? I'm
asking because the users page does not tell that much (and it looks like
I can only publish my skills if I enter a resume :-/).
* I'm currently hosting by applications using sourceforge (because they
are not maemo only, just maemo "optimized", I use sf much longer than
maemo exists, etc...), having a repository on my homepage. My
application only occur in the Application Catalog. So my fear is, that
people "don't see" me (see above ;-)). because I'm neither using garage
for my developments nor do I see a link from my profile to my projects
(which should be the case). This is a problem that bothers my for a while...
* How can I better promote my application in this case? Can I make a
garage project page for my application? Would this make sense?

I would also suggest

And something completely unrelated:
The Application Catalog still seems to be horribly broken. Example:
Go to the main page, sue the standard settings (2007, Any licence, Any
status) and search for EightyOne => No hit. No go in the "Games"
category, step to page 2 and there it is.

Since I read multiple times and the catalog was broken and was fixed
after and because this bug seem to have last now for quite a while I
always assume that somehow this is not a bug (and f it is a bug, I have
an idea what the problem is (looks like searching for 2007 does not
match 2006+2007 support!?)). But now it looks like it is time for a
ticket/discussion anyway. So: Is this by design (and if it is: does that
make sense?)?

--
Gruß...
        Tim