Hi,

Quim Gil wrote:
> Hi, the information to upload binary-only packages to extras-devel is
> out of date:
> http://wiki.maemo.org/Uploading_to_Extras-devel#.22non-free.22_packages
>
> Yet there are several non-free packages in extras-devel & extras-testing
> / Extras. Can someone please update the wiki information reflecting the
> current practice for Maemo 5?
>
> We are seeing more questions about this and actually the current
> information is misleading since it suggests that non-free packages can
> bypass the Extras-testing QA process, which is not true.

Just to clarify current practice, then:

Publishing non-free packages is done by dput (still correct, right?)

But they're published to extras-testing, not extras-devel?

Is the dput.cf file in the wiki still OK? If not, what modifications are
needed?

I have made some superficial changes to the text reflecting my
best-guess as to what should be done, but I'd need someone who knows
packaging well (maybe Jeremiah) to look and check that the change to the
.cf file is correct (s/devel/testing/g) and verify if the
diablo-extras-non-free section should still be there.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
maemo.org docsmaster