On Nov 25, 2009, at 11:49, <tero.k...@nokia.com> <tero.k...@nokia.com> wrote:

> [...]

We have had an ad-hoc solution which basically is that Niels takes care of
non-free.

>> Yet there are several non-free packages in extras-devel & extras-
>> testing
>> / Extras. Can someone please update the wiki information reflecting the
>> current practice for Maemo 5?

This may require long discussions on what is non-free and why it should be
there. Perhaps the current ad-hoc situation is preferable.

>> We are seeing more questions about this and actually the current
>> information is misleading since it suggests that non-free packages can
>> bypass the Extras-testing QA process, which is not true.

I am hesitant here, some of the testing process may require source packages,
either now or in the future. I am not certain that non-free packages deserve to
get all the free quality assurance that the community provides. I think they
should be grateful that they are included at all and if they want to go through
testing, they need to at least provide a source package.

Jeremiah