On Wed, 2009-11-25 at 12:04 +0100, Jeremiah Foster wrote:
>> We are seeing more questions about this and actually the current
> >> information is misleading since it suggests that non-free packages can
> >> bypass the Extras-testing QA process, which is not true.
>
> I am hesitant here, some of the testing process may require source packages,
> either now or in the future. I am not certain that non-free packages deserve
> to get all the free quality assurance that the community provides. I think
> they should be grateful that they are included at all and if they want to go
> through testing, they need to at least provide a source package.

Does the community really have so much spare resource that we can QA
non-free (and presumably non-community) apps?

I suppose one way to look at it is that these are no-cost apps that the
community can't have unless it QA's them; from that PoV I think
providing a place for the app's userbase to QA the apps is fine but I
feel that they should be separate to a community queue.

David