Dnia piątek, 19 marca 2010 o 12:42:17 Igor Stoppa napisał(a):
> ext Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> > Dnia czwartek, 18 marca 2010 o 19:59:25 Samir Faci (Dev) napisał(a):

> >> Hmm.. any one know if meego will be completely open source?.
> >> Or is it too early to know for sure at this point.

> > It was already said that Nokia devices running MeeGo will contain closed
> > source components. So answer to your question is "no, it won't be".

> Incorrect.
>
> A Nokia device running MeeGo is not the same as a Nokia device running
> exclusively MeeGo.
>
> iow the total sw stack will be a superset of a configuration of MeeGo
>
> So MeeGo can still be fully open.

Ok, let me rephrase:

It was already said that Nokia devices running Nokia provided MeeGo based
system will contain closed source components.

So far no one told what base meego system contains and how useful it is.
Judging from current situation I assume that it will be nearly not usable
without having N900 connected to charger due to lack of open BME alternative
== no charging. There are build systems already which provides alternative
root filesystems for nokia N900 and all of them suffer more or less due to
that.

Regards,
--
JID:      h...@jabber.org