"Stoppa Igor (Nokia-D/Helsinki)" <igor.sto...@nokia.com> writes:

> No at all: it's about standardization. The device must support a certain
> set of features and provide well defined APIs.
>
> So if a device is MeeGo compliant, it will be advertised as such.

In my view, MeeGo is a development effort, not a standardization effort.
Standards might follow, in the form of new or updated LSB modules, but
MeeGo itself is foremost a concrete collection of software, not a API
standard, just like its forebearers Moblin and Maemo.

Thus, MeeGo lives next to Fedora and Ubuntu, and remixes much of the
same software in a slightly different way.  It is not in the same
category as POSIX, LSB, and FHS.

Now, standards are important, too, but secondary.  If someone with
enough clue sits down and writes down a "Mobile" LSB module that
actually gathers traction outside of MeeGo, then that would be a good
thing.  But that is not what MeeGo is primarily about.