Hehehe.. testing from a Digital Ocean IP might NOT be the best ..

But anyone getting a sense from the reports so far that this might be GEO IP restrictions at the edge?

Maybe they using GEO IP blocking UNLESS on an internal whitelist?
Usually only see that on IPv6 ports, but maybe that is what we are looking at?

Need more tests from european IP(s)..

On 2020-06-09 9:03 a.m., Luis E. Muñoz via mailop wrote:

On 9 Jun 2020, at 8:40, Jon Morby (Fido) via mailop wrote:

The forward and reverse on our mail servers matches .... one of my test boxes (on my home network) was new and didn’t have matching reverse, but that the other machines I’ve tried from all have matching forward/reverse and they’re still being rejected before EHLO / etc

For example (and the actual IP that’s experiencing issues)

[root@ns1 ~]# host 80.252.116.10
10.116.252.80.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer mail-1-116-10.fido.net.
[root@ns1 ~]# host  mail-1-116-10.fido.net.
mail-1-116-10.fido.net has address 80.252.116.10

Same here on an IPv4 allocated from Digital Ocean NY1 location. I don't think this host has sent a single piece of email to those servers in at least a couple months.

Best regards

-lem

"Catch the Magic of Linux..."