On 10 Jun 2020, at 10:20, Hetzner Blacklist via mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
wrote:
> As far as I know this isn't a bug, it's a feature.

Joy.

> For the past few years, T-Online have been moving to a system where they
> block all unknown IPs. How exactly they define that is not 100% clear,
> but it seems to be any IPs that haven't recently sent them email.
>
> So if an IP hasn't sent them email in the recent past, it is
> automatically on their blacklist. By default.

I thought I'd do a check on this assertion and it does appear to be accurate.

$workplace outbound servers get a 220. Amusingly (or perhaps not) the new
mailop server, which we haven't switched in yet, gets the same 554 as everyone
else.

That strikes me very much as a "does not scale well" approach.

Graeme