It appears that Al Iverson via mailop <aiver...@wombatmail.com> said:
>The question of whether or not Google cares about the pseudo-TLD is a
>tough one. On one hand, my employer has thousands of clients sending
>mail successfully from subdomains -- ...

Sure.  Your employer has a direct relationship with each of its clients,
knows who they are, and takes action if they misbehave.

But eu.org will give a subdomain to anyone, anywhere, for free.  That is very
generous of them, but it shouldn't be a surprise who some of the most
enthusiastic users of free throwawy subdomains are.

A few TLDs like .tk offer a freemium registration service, some service for
free, more service for pay.  They keep their free subdomains clean by having a
hair-trigger cancellation policy and giving a lot of spam reporters (not me)
direct access to the cancel button.

R's,
John