Dnia 19.10.2022 o godz. 20:08:30 Bernardo Reino via mailop pisze:
> > That seems really "interesting". How does that impressum look like, which
> > has the magical power of transforming a private server into a "commercial"
> > one? What should it contain? Could you provide a link to yours?
>
> Well, now that it's public anyway :) -> www.bbmk.org

So basically they require anybody who runs a mail server to put their street
address and telephone number online to be publicly available???

Crazy idea. And this is the same country that banned Google Street View
(probably as a single country in the world?), on the basis that pictures of
individuals' houses were available online for anybody to view?

Something's completely inconsistent here.

Of course, as I would have to publish that information myself, it does not
*literally* and *formally* violate the GDPR, but it is completely
contradictory to the "spirit" of GDPR and the whole idea why that
regulation was introduced.

As someone already said in this discussion, while the requirement to put
such data online is perfectly valid for companies, for individuals it's
nothing more than an endorsement for criminal activity. If some madman does
not like what I write anywhere on the Internet (for example on my blog,
which is on the very same website as that "impressum"), or on some forum
where I register with an email address, knowing where I live he can come to
me to beat me up. Or knowing my telephone number he can call me at random
times (for example wake me up in the night) and threaten me over the phone
or just annoy me saying stupid things.

I would understand if I had to provide this information *to T-Online only*,
so they can contact me in case of any malicious activity from my server, but
there is no way I put this information publicly available.

I have a personal website that is under my domain. There's a lot of
information about me there. One can learn how old I am, what company I'm
working for, there is even my picture, and there are also a lot of articles
I wrote for various magazines on Internet related topics (I was a journalist
some time ago). Doesn't this prove that my server is a genuine one at least
good enough as putting up my home address or personal telephone number
online?

I would be *really very* interested to hear T-Online's representatives (who,
as somebody mentioned, are on this list) statement on this absurd
requirement. It cannot be even justified by German law, which requires (as
far as I know) *German* websites to have such an impressum, because people
operating mail servers who may want to send mail to T-Online are not
necessarily German, so German law does not apply to them.
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa