On 2023-01-17 17:06, John Covici via mailop wrote:
Still broke for me.

I believe your issue was different from the one in this thread and best summarized by your message in that separate thread:

On 2023-01-17 10:31, John Covici via mailop wrote:
Hi.   For some reason this morning, I am having problems sending to
gmail addresses.  I get the following error for each:

<<< 550-5.7.1 [166.84.7.93      12] Our system has detected that this
message is
<<< 550-5.7.1 likely unsolicited mail. To reduce the amount of spam
sent to Gmail,
<<< 550-5.7.1 this message has been blocked. Please visit
<<< 550-5.7.1
https://support.google.com/mail/?p=UnsolicitedMessageError
 Now I have had no problems sending to gmail, but this message was
 send to maybe 40 users or so -- is this my problem, or am I doing
 something else wrong?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

It's arguable which is worse, but this is definitely different than spam folder delivery. I would argue your situation is better because I'd rather know it wasn't delivered than tell someone to check their spam folder, because people just don't and you have little clear insight into the fact that they absolutely need to look there. That said, I just performed a log audit and I do not see a recent increase in these error messages from our side. I'm not Google, obviously, but we process enough email that I feel like polling my logs can easily indicate a trend of lack thereof.

My first instinct in your position would be to use something like mail-tester.com to get a basic check over your headers, DNS, etc. I know it's not wildly popular on this list but in a world where the average user still runs to mxtoolbox, mail-tester.com is exponentially better in it's assessments.