Just a +1 report for the sake of data. The only legitimate emails I have in my spam folder at Gmail are from Inno Supps and healthcare.gov. Inno Supps I get because of their products and, therefore, their language is quite similar to standard spam campaigns. Healthcare.gov I get because, legitimate as they may be, they sure are spammy little shits.

I have not seen an increase in customer complaints about emails landing in Gmail folders. If anything, compared to the growth over the last holiday season, the complaints are fewer and farther between relative to the number of customers we have.

I can absolutely say without question though that I have repeatedly witnessed since 2011 (when my work in the field began) users who found benefit in purchasing new domains to increase their chances of landing in inboxes. EIther because of a past history of intentional abuse (being sorry doesn't fix filters), their domains using TLDs that were inherently more highly associated with abuse (Why does .monster even exist if not for spam?), or their domains used keywords that were very common in spam like "health" or "healthcare" (huge increase in the years following ACA passage in the US).

On 2023-01-17 07:16, Paul Gregg via mailop wrote:
Heads up in case anyone else is experiencing this.

We are aware of a recent change in behaviour of gmail.com where
most email is placed directly into Spam folder.

So far we have dozens of customers reporting this.
Tested myself with full SPF, DKIM and DMARC with p=reject - which gmail
itself marks as passing all tests. The mail was also delivered over TLS.
Mails go to Spam.

We're trying to reach out to google, but so far have no response.

We don't think it is just 'us', as reddit r/msp has others reporting
same from O365 direct to gmail.

PG