Once upon a time, Brotman, Alex <alex_brot...@comcast.com> said:
> Are you suggesting that an unsub results in a suppression?  That hardly seems
> ideal.  That seems to suggest I sign up for a brand's email list.  Order some
> stuff, get receipt.  Later unsub.  Later buy again, but get no receipt?
> (Presuming it comes from the same ESP)

So even for transactional messages, there's usually an account making
the purchase, or something is being delivered to an address, or the
like.  So a "this is not me" link should be able to note that (a) don't
send more mail about the current transaction to this address and (b)
don't send any mail for future transactions with the same delivery to
the same address without further input.  Future orders that would have
transactional emails blocked should pop up and say "hey, this address is
flagged as NOT YOU, are you sure?".

--
Chris Adams <c...@cmadams.net>