From: mailop <mailop-boun...@mailop.org> On Behalf Of John Levine via mailop
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2024 12:47 PM
To: mailop@mailop.org
Cc: post...@sfina.com
Subject: Re: [mailop] Mailserver software

It appears that postfix--- via mailop <post...@sfina.com> said:
On 2024-07-16 14:36, Bjoern Franke via mailop wrote:
Which iPhone / Android clients do you mean?

last time I tested Apple Mail, my IMAP server logged requests from
Apple's network.

I just tried Apple Mail on MacOS and an iPad and the IMAP server only saw
requests from my home network's IP.  I have seen Outlook detour mail through
headquarters but not Apple Mail.  In view of Apple's privacy claims, it'd be
rather hard to justify sniffing all your mail.

R's,
John

PS: It is VERY VERY IMPORTANT when replying to this message, you *also* send a
copy to me directly, because I handle the two copies differently. Everyone
should, of course, be doing that anyway.