It appears that postfix--- via mailop <post...@sfina.com> said:
>On 2024-07-16 14:36, Bjoern Franke via mailop wrote:
>> Which iPhone / Android clients do you mean?
>
>last time I tested Apple Mail, my IMAP server logged requests from
>Apple's network.

I just tried Apple Mail on MacOS and an iPad and the IMAP server
only saw requests from my home network's IP.  I have seen Outlook
detour mail through headquarters but not Apple Mail.  In view
of Apple's privacy claims, it'd be rather hard to justify sniffing
all your mail.

R's,
John

PS: It is VERY VERY IMPORTANT when replying to this message,
you *also* send a copy to me directly, because I handle the
two copies differently. Everyone should, of course, be doing
that anyway.